Recently I was approached by Tobias Lansley of Dog Obedience Training Online for an interview. It's always interesting to talk to people who have no preconceived notion of what Natural Dog Training is, or how I train - particularly because the questions can take us into unexpected territory. Tobias's site is set up as a resource for people all across the dog training spectrum, so hopefully it will be an opportunity for others who might never have come across Natural Dog Training to have their curiosity piqued.
In this written interview we cover:
- Why Natural Dog Training is such a fun way to train, and what makes it different from other ways of training (see why I call my dog a "nutjob")
- My opinion of Cesar Milan (uh-oh! whisper whisper)
- A discussion of shock e-collars (and the search for the perfect robo-dog)
- The absolute best breeds (I hope yours is on the list!)
- The best way to crate train a dog
- Resolving Aggression (you know this is a subject near and dear to me)
- And...much, much, more! (seriously)
Please head over to Dog Obedience Training Online to read the interview (click this link), and let me know what you think!
If you're feeling bad because your dog isn't on my definitive list of the best dog breeds, you can discuss that in this thread over at the Natural Dog Blog forum.